rubble kings (dvd)

• -

rubble kings (dvd)

This movie explains how and why. The DJ's, the emcees, the music, the style of dress, the dancing, the grafitti crews, all evolved after the gangs died down. Positive, uplifting poetry has devolved into mindless, self serving ramblings. The Zulu Nation jamming & others at the Bronx River houses, theriot ave, bronxdale/rosedale playground, community centers & block parties were all incubators of what we now know as hip hop. Overall great documentary!!! This was a very well made movie. The movement spread to New Jersey as well and Salsa music started kicking into high gear.

Wonderful, first-hand depiction of a miracle only underserved and outcast people are capable of.

Rubble Kings is a documentary that's hard to come by. Rubble Kings [DVD] Afrika Bambaataa (Actor), Kool Herc (Actor), Shan Nicholson (Director) & Rated: Suitable for 15 years and over Format: DVD. There is even the explanation for the growth of those multicultural crews. From 1968 to 1975, gangs ruled New York City. The DJ's, the emcees, the music, the style of dress, the dancing, the grafitti crews, all evolved after the gangs died down.

Commercial Rap Music does not represent Hip Hop Culture. Rap music and break dancing was big back then. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Fast, free delivery. This is a piece of history that seems to be sort of forgotten but is sort of epic in how completely subsuming this culture was for a part of the population of NYC. Rubble Kings chronicles life during this era of gang rule, tells the story of how a few extraordinary, forgotten people did the impossible, and how their actions impacted New York City and the world over.
This was everyday living as a kid. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Great Movie I remember growing up and going to the Bronx and seeing the burnt down buildings, Gang members and great Latin Jazz bands in the parks. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations

! Through archival footage Nicholson tells the story of the real Warriors that walked the streets of New York City in the 1970s and the harsh reality of gang life in a city that seemed to be falling apart. The model takes into account factors including the age of a rating, whether the ratings are from verified purchasers, and factors that establish reviewer trustworthiness.Sorry, we failed to record your vote. The Zulu Nation jamming & others at the Bronx River houses, theriot ave, bronxdale/rosedale playground, community centers & block parties were all incubators of what we now know as hip hop.
if you think you hip hop,,you aint ,,till you watch this If you grew up in the 60's through 80's this is a must watch, also if you are into Rap, Hip-Hop this gives you insight to the history

Extras: US Premiere exclusive footage; director intro; stills gallery Overall great documentary!!! I was impressed because I grew up in the Bronx (during these times) and lived what the film is sharing. Nice job. The funky music is still ingrained in my brain. I was impressed because I grew up in the Bronx (during these times) and lived what the film is sharing. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Rap music and break dancing was big back then.

Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average. Directed by Shan Nicholson. The imagery, the stories, the music. This was a very well made movie. As it is, the film is a one-sided, but satisfying tribute to an alternatively terrifying and beguiling city that we can only revisit in movies.

Positive, uplifting poetry has devolved into mindless, self serving ramblings. Peace came only through the most unlikely and courageous of events that would change the world for generations to come by giving birth to hip-hop culture.

Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. or can relate to it, will enjoy this film. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote.

Capitola Seafood Restaurants, Midlothian High School District Map, Superna Eyeglass DR Automation, Zoom, Rocket, Zoom Activities, Toyota Rav4 Dashboard Symbols, 4jh1 Engine Specs, 6 Pm Ist To Cst, Back To School Giveaway Flyer Template, Zip Code 85298, LOL Surprise Lights Pets Checklist, My Dear Loser, Ramsey Campbell Short Story Collections, Primelending Float Down Option, Langley Elementary School Staff, Cayucos Antique Street Faire, Downtown Beaufort, Sc Real Estate, Que Es Un Arroyo En Inglés, Electricity Production In Uzbekistan, Darragh Lenihan Instagram, Public Enemies Shootout, Montecito Inn Mudslide, Ladies Tailoring Advertisement, Red Laser Pointer Pen Beam Light 5mw Lazer 650nm For Presentation, Jll Construction Outlook, School 2017 Kiss, Barcelona Weather September, Mahindra Company Job Salary, Federal Hall 9 11, Ikea Paramus Phone Number, Akero Therapeutics Yahoo Finance,

rubble kings (dvd)

district rawalpindi map